Sunday, July 29, 2012

FR:16 - Is BIGGER Always Better?


Ok....so truth is....I've purchased larger sized doll brands before. First, It started with Gene. I quickly grew out of love with her because I felt that the doll was not evolving and the collection became a bit redundant. (Please don't hate me Gene - lovers!) Then came Sommers and Fields....I love the MOD era...so that got me right away....but the actual dolls were...well, let just say - "less than top quality". The clothes on the other hand were amazing. In fact, my Franklin Mint Twiggy has inherited all their fabulous outfits. Then came Tonner. I really wanted to love Tyler Wentworth....but she wasn't well...exciting. She and her friends were a bit too pedestrian for me. I wanted DIVAS....I wanted UBBER women....I want Drag Superstars!
I must say that as far as Tonner was concerned, I loved that they came out with the DC Superstars...because they are really a "fan-boys" wet dream come true....and I happen to be married to one.
Finally, as a Marilyn Fan I was able to get an Army of Marilyn's very cheaply online after they were over produced by Franklin Mint.
But last year.....ahhhhhh...the angel's sang....and at the FR convention we saw Integrity's next evolution. FR:16!!! They were gorgeous! Basically, all the attitude and style of the FR and FRSquared Collection....JUST BIGGER! And not only that....their bodies are so well designed that they have wonderful pose ability and are "tighter jointed" so that they don't fall over when posed under the weight of the vinyl (which honestly has been the problem with other ball jointed dolls in the passed that are 16" or larger). These girls are the next degree of fabulousness.
Well, I finally was able to take them out...and as usual...I loved the dolls...love the clothes...but wanted to re-style them to fit my collections aesthetic better. Boy and Gurls...I will tell you...IT WAS FUN!
I ADORE THEM NOW! Especially, Elsa (which happens to be my mother's name) and is now a dead ringer for Kris Jenner of Kardashian FAME in her Spring "Chanel" style suit. LOL!
I love that a lot of dealers....like my preferred dealer Marlbe.com is selling the dolls separately from their outfits...that way...you can "build" the doll of your dreams. That is soooo cool! Call Marl and she will hook you up....her and Brookie are awesome....and always want to make their collector's happy! 
Give FR:16 a chance...if you can't get all of them...get the one that you like and buy her a fierce WU Wardrobe! "Wu" won't be sorry!
xoxo,
Frank ;-)ps. can't wait till convention!

No comments:

Post a Comment